Honors students will build on their educational experiences to serve society and the world. Students will pursue service-oriented activities that are socially beneficial to the community and that contribute to the students’ own learning and development.
- Students will participate in service/volunteer activities.
- Students will be able to connect service/volunteer activities to real-world issues or problems in their fields of study.
Service activities abound at the university and beyond. Consider some of the following opportunities:
- Get involved!
- Consider opportunities offered through Student Activities in the Office of Student Life.
- Volunteer around campus (for instance, consider volunteering at the Wexner Medical Center) or in the community.
- Join a student organization with a service-oriented focus. From BuckeyeThon to Sorority and Fraternity Life, many organizations offer an opportunity to serve. See the Student Activities student organization directory to identify relevant organizations.
- Travel while serving others. Buck-I-SERV offers Ohio State students the opportunity to travel with other students to participate in service and civic engagement activities, both in the U.S. and abroad.
- Apply classroom skills while examining social issues and real-world problems. Service-learning courses allow you to apply what you learn in the service of others.