When to apply to graduate
You may apply for graduation as early as one semester before the semester you intend to graduate. You must apply no later than the published deadline for the term in which you plan to graduate. For example, if you plan to graduate at the conclusion of Spring Semester 2020, you can apply as early as Autumn Semester 2019 and no later than February 28, 2020.
Graduation Application Deadline
Summer Term 2019: Friday, July 12, 2019
Autumn Semester 2019: Friday, October 25, 2019
Spring Semester 2020: Friday, February 28, 2020*
*The Spring Semester graduation application deadline for honors students is earlier than the regular Arts and Sciences graduation application deadline for that term. Note that advising appointment availability close to the deadline is not guaranteed. It is best to apply during Autumn Semester, well before the deadline.
How to apply to graduate
- Revise your Honors Contract (if necessary).
- Make sure your Honors Contract is completely up-to-date and includes all majors and minors you are pursuing.
- You must have all revisions to your Honors Contract, major(s), and or minor(s) approved before you can apply to graduate.
- If you need to make revisions, please complete a Revision Form [pdf], have it signed by the relevant departmental honors advisor(s), and submit it to the ASC Honors Office for approval at least three weeks before you plan to complete your graduation application.
- Check the name that will be on your diploma and make any needed changes.
- Complete the ASC Honors Graduating Senior Survey before your graduation application appointment.
- You must complete this survey in order to be permitted to submit your graduation application.
- Please set aside 20 minutes or so to complete this survey. You will not be able to save your responses, so it is important that you complete the survey in one sitting.
- Some of the questions ask for a brief essay response. Accordingly, it would probably be easiest to use a device with a keyboard to complete this survey.
- Make an appointment with an ASC honors advisor.
- Make an appointment by the graduation application deadline of the semester in which you plan to graduate.
- Schedule an appointment with your assigned ASC honors advisor through OnCourse or call the ASC Honors Office at (614) 292-5104 (choose option 1).
- Please note: you cannot apply to graduate during walk-ins; you must make an appointment.
- Review the Graduation To-Do List [pdf]. Be sure to address any outstanding items on this list.
- Visit commencement.osu.edu to find general instructions and information about the commencement ceremony.
- If you will be unable to attend the commencement ceremony, please complete this form and bring it to your graduation application appointment: Commencement Ceremony Excused Form [pdf]
- Read more information about graduation honors, including Latin honors.